Home

Factory tinted windows percentage

Generally, the factory window tint percentage ranges between 15% and 20 % on most cars. This means that the windows (usually the rare window) lets in just about the 15-20 % of visible light and deflect 85-85%. When it comes to the side windows, you will notice that the original tint is much lighter, something in the range of 70-80% Twenty percent window shade tint is also called Factory Tint. Windows tinted at the time the car was manufactured usually have a shade of 15% - 26%. Five (5) Percent Tint Five percent shade is also called Limo Tint If the front-side windows aren't tinted, then any windows behind the driver can legally have any tint percentage. If no window behind the driver is tinted below 30% VLT then the front-sider windows can have 50% light transmission. If vehicles have a factory-installed tint on any back window, then the front-side windows must have over 50% VLT Back to the OP. If you are referring to the non tinted factory glass then i think its around 75%. the tinted factory glass on the rear window and rear side windows is around 32%. Last edited: Sep 15, 2016 Netmonkey, Sep 15, 201

Most modern cars are coming with the originally tinted windows. The degree of the tint varies from car to car. These types of tints majorly focus on providing privacy then they do on preventing the UV rays to enter the car's interior. In general, you will find a factory window tin percentage ranging between 15% to 20% Factory window tint is crap. It's just tinted glass and offers no protection from UV rays or heat. If you go to a reputable shop they can offer you many options and they will look great. I had mine done with a ceramic 60% on the driver and passenger window, 80% on all the others and a clear UV protection on the front with a strip along the top Registered. Joined Jul 25, 2009. ·. 3,866 Posts. #5 · Aug 24, 2010. i was told by a tint shop that all factory tints are 20%. idk if that applies to the soft top though Factory tint is not something that is applied on the windows like typical aftermarket tint. Factory tint is the actual glass having a certain percentage of reduction of VLT, which is typically ~70% i think 35% is 50 state legal. Some states require you get it measured during a safety inspection. In WA the sun is never out enough to worry about tint. If i move down south i will be getting 35 just to not have any issues

Sep 5, 2017. Ram Year: 2014. Engine: 5.7. I forgot what it was exactly I went to a place and had the guy put 15-20% ceramic on the front and a very light tint in the rear so everything matches. Go to somebody who's been in the business awhile I bet they would tell you what it is. If I had to guess I'd lean toward 20% The tint applied by car manufacturers at the factory must allow at least 70 percent of visible light through. This regulation from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration applies to any window required for driving visibility, including the windshield and windows immediately to the right and left of the driver Most likely 20% or very close. I tint for a living and almost always to match front to back its 20%. Except for recently i did a newer rav4 and 35% matched closer on that because the factory tint was lighter then usual Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal California window tint must meet specific requirements under the state's law. Here are the laws you must abide by in the state of California: Use a tint that is green, gray, or neutral smoke in color. Have a luminous transmittance of at least 70%. The legal VLT % in California is 70% VLT I was told the factory tint/privacy glass is 20% so I put on 20% for the 2 front windows however, I think the 2 front windows looks a little darker at an angle. It is not hugely noticeable but you know since I am the owner and picky, I notice it.... I think the 35% is too light? What do I do?

Most, if not all, new models, especially SUV's and Mini-Vans, come equipped with a dark, 15% visible light transmission factory tint on vehicle windows, other than the front driver and passenger windows and of course, the windshield. What's the difference between stock factory window tint and custom aftermarket window tinting Has anyone measured the factory tint on the front and rear door windows? I've read numbers all over the place in the back ranging from 18% to 35%, and on the front anywhere from 80% to 96%. I cant imagine there's THAT much variance. Can anyone confirm numbers In general, you will find a factory window tin percentage ranging between 15% to 35%. This specifies the windows would be deflecting around 65% percent of the visible light, allowing about 15-35% I want to tint the front windows to match but would rather not go darker or lighter than the back. I live in NY so our legal limit is 70 percent all the way around. Something tells me that the factory is a little darker than 70 percent

What Percent is Factory Window Tint? - WCM

Factory tint is standard on the rear half of many new vehicles. With a common visual light transmission (VLT) of 15-26%, privacy glass is installed to provide passengers and personal items privacy from outsiders, hence the name privacy glass 5 Posts. #7 · Jul 10, 2014. The guy at my local tint shop told me that the factory window tint, isn't really tint at all. The windows are colored, so there isn't much heat reduction. He suggested tinting the whole car (since I have a little one in the back seat ) to get the full protection from uv/ heat I got my 2013 Toyota Corolla tinted 35%. In this video I show a comparison of my car with 35% SunTek window tint and my brother's car with factory tint. The. The tint percentage represents the amount of visible light that can pass through the tinted window. So, if your window tint is 5%, it only allows 5% of light to come through and will, therefore, be a very dark tint. If it is 80%, it will be significantly lighter and will allow for 80% of visible light to pass through

Twenty Percent Tint. This is commonly what is referred to as factory tint. Sometimes manufacturers apply a tint at the factory. This level of tint is usually in the 15-20% range. This is a safe range for factory tinting because many states place restrictions on the level of tint vehicles can have. This tint falls within that range for a vast. I ordered some window tint 35%, if I put that over the factory 70 I'm pretty sure I would be breaking the law if anybody can help me and tell me which percent I need to buy to have it around 35 to 40 the legal tent right here in state of Georgia is 32 What is the best front match window tint percent for 2020 that I use? Most customers what the front to match the rear of the vehicle when getting their wind.. Known as factory tinted windows, they enhance privacy and reduce glare, but expose you and the car to the harmful UV rays. They also do nothing to keep your car's interior cool in the sweltering heat. So, you must do more than match the front windows to factory tinted windows to enhance your car's security and keep it cool in hot weather Four different choices from ceramic to lesser grades. I'm in the deep South and the smoked glass does little to stop heat transmission. State laws regulate what percent tint you can apply. I used the grade just below ceramic and it ran around 300 bucks. 35% front, 15% rear, back, and top of windshield

what percentage is the window tint installed from factory?

Toyota rav4 factory window tint ~ Lexus and Scion 20 To 57 Liter Engines with 64mm Cartridge Style Oil Filter System - Perfect for Camry RAV4 Tacoma Highlander Sienna Tundra and More. 8202010 The tint comes on a roll make sure you get enough and allow for mistakes. Indeed recently is being hunted by consumers around us, perhaps one of you personall Window Tint for Ford Explorer. Our client Richard brought his brand new 2017 Ford Explorer straight from the dealership to Window Tintz. It already brought a factory tint on the rear but they only provide some privacy, not the major qualities of rejecting ultraviolet rays or heat. That's why we applied LLumar ATC Enhanced Style, with 30.

Car Window Tinting Percentages Window Tinting Shade

Hello, My vehicle has factory tint on all but the two front side windows that I believe is 25% from the factory. I wanted 12.5% so I added a tint film of 50% hoping for a final ting of 12.5% My math was .25 x .50 = .125 or 12.5 percent (or so I thought) The finished job BARELY looked any differen.. 1. 30-35% in the rear / up to 50% in front. 2. If you have below 30% tint in the rear, you can not tint the front. 3. If you have an MPV, which includes but is not limited to SUVs, station wagons, minivans, etc. and said MPV has factory-installed privacy glass (smoked), you are allowed to have up to 50% tint in front

Window Tint Percentage. Thread starter nj462; Start date Mar 16, 2011; 1; 2; 3; Next. 1 of 3 Go to page. Go. Next Last. Mar 16, 2011 #1 N. nj462 Full Access Member. Joined Mar 14, 2011 apparently gm privacy glass is 26.5 percent from factory. cant tell a difference with my 25 on the two front... looks nice. Mar 16, 2011 #5 stevek Full. Factory window tint percentage. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 6 of 6 Posts. A. ApacheDude · Registered. Joined Aug 1, 2013 · 8 Posts . Discussion Starter · #1 · Apr 6, 2014. Hey Guys, Does anyone know what the factory window tint percentage is on 2013 D's?. 2016 XTS Luxury edition. Joined Jan 7, 2012. ·. 43 Posts. #8 · Mar 24, 2012. got my 2011 CTS AWD with factory70% OEM tint figured out. Looks like Llumar charcoal ATC 50 for the sides, 35 deck window and 15 for the sunroofs. Although this will not be that dark, my goal was to reduce ultraviolet ray rejection and glare What Is 20% Tint. 20% tint is the first VLT level you'll see that's legal on various types of windows in a lot of different states. While 20% tint may not be as common as 35% in terms of legally tinting your windows, it's an excellent choice for rear side windows if you want to darken things up a bit Factory window tint percentage? Jump to Latest Follow Quick Survey - Does the forum need video upload support? Click here to fill in a quick survey to let us know your thoughts. 1 - 12 of 12 Posts. amm24dmb · Registered. Joined Dec 26, 2012 · 115 Posts . Discussion Starter · #1 · Mar 16, 2013. I have a 2013 Pat..

The rear side windows in the crew cab on my 2010 are 25% from factory. The tinted these with 20% which brought them to 5%. And the rear window is a range 22% +/-5% so can be anywhere from 17% to 27%. They overtinted this with 20% which takes it from 4% to 7% depending on what the factory actually is. Re: Window Tint Percentages No Tint - Factory Windows. The clear glass like it is found on regular windows as installed at the factory. Fifty (50) Percent Window Tinting Films. Fifty percent shade blocks fifty-percent of the available light from reaching the interior of the car. It is a great option for blocking heat and ultraviolet radiation. Thirty-Five (35) Percent Tin What is the factory window tint on the rear 3 Windows? I just want 20 percent on them, and 40 on the front two, just to avoid cops. Re: Factory window tint? May 30 2017, 2:44pm. rear is the equivalent of 20%. so if you leave them alone and tint your fronts with 20% then it will all look even from the outside. From the inside out it will look a. That standard tints are 30% on Audi's making tinting the front windows illegal. A 70% tint, means it has 70% VLT (visible light transmission) and a 30% rejection). Putting 35% on a factory window will probably put the car in the 30-33% VLT range. Factory tint is standard on the rear half of many new vehicles

He measured the factory tint levels: side windows both sides, 25% transmittance. Rear: 20%. Since WA rules are 24% minimum all around, clear windshield, no legal tinting was possible. He suggested that their 80% film might be acceptable on the windshield as it looks clear. Some states allow deeper tinting Joined Mar 1, 2010. ·. 197 Posts. #3 · Jul 16, 2010. Factory tint is about 18-20%. If you want it to match, shop around for tint shops - I can almost guarantee you'll find one that will tint it at 18 or 20%. They might make you sign a waiver absolving them from being liable if you happen to get a citation for the tint

Everything to Know About Window Tint Percentage

15's too dark. Clear glass is about 70% vtl and factory tint is 17 or 18. You can look, it says it on the window. 20-25% over the front matches good. 15's too dark. You'll notice the difference from the inside like crazy, and you might even from the outside Besides, what percent is factory window tint? Twenty (20) Percent Tint Twenty percent window shade tint is also called Factory Tint. Windows tinted at the time the car was manufactured usually have a shade of 15% - 26%. What type of window tint is best? Our top pick for the best window tint is the LEXEN 2 Ply Premium Carbon Window Tint Film.

Factory Window Tint Percentage? Toyota Tundra Foru

Joined Oct 3, 2012. ·. 87 Posts. #17 · Jan 22, 2018. In the state of Illinois, they now require that the front passenger and driver windows allow at least 35% of light in. I just recently got pulled over and the cop metered the front passenger window and it came out to 24%. He wrote up a citation for $55.00 I have 20% on top of the factory tint in the back which makes it 5% and 5% on the two front windows ceramic tint all the way. It's really dark but I I love it like that. You should be fine with 20% in the front and 20% on top of factory tint in the back. You can have the back as dark as you want (depending on state laws) The window tint percentage refers to how much light can penetrate through the tint. Window tints are basically like sunglasses for your car. Factory windows refer to the windows that come straight from the auto manufacturer. These are installed when you take the car off the lot and they are a clear glass tint Types of Window Tint. Some vehicle manufacturers have windows that come with a factory tint on the vehicle's windows, though that is generally only done on the rear windows. This factory tint is done by dying the glass. There is sometimes a degree to which the top of the front window is tinted to help reflect the sun's glare

192 Posts. #11 · Jun 22, 2010. 35% or lighter would be too light for me, when you had 35% plus your factory tinted glass, it would make your 35% front windows seem darker from an angle looking, since the half of the cab has been darken by the factory glass, I had 35% for the two front windows just to stay legal, and 20% over lay for the rest. I've measured the factory front side windows and Toyota windows have some degree of tint. If you apply even the lightest tint you can find you will be over the 30% so the law effectively prevents tinting the the front windows. When I bought my '18 I ignored the law and tinted to match the back You can see through windows with a 20% tint if you're up close, but it's still difficult. Typically, it's enough to deter snoopers, though. When vehicles come with a factory tint, it's usually between 15% and 20%. . A 5% is the darkest tint you can get, and you can't see through 5% tinted car windows at all. In most states, a 5% tint is illegal Factory rear door window tint % Thread starter stephenlocke; Start date Jan 13, 2017; Jan 13, 2017 #1 S. stephenlocke Member. Joined Nov 2, 2016 Posts 14 Reaction score 3. Does anyone know what the factory tint percentage is for the rear doors / back window? Quote. Jan 13, 2017 #2 Kansan Full Access Member. Joined Oct 21, 2016 Posts 252. 21 Posts. #5 • Jul 16, 2005. Since you're in Texas and you should have some nice sun action going on right now, get a large BLACK trashbag, thuroughly spray the insided of the rear window down with water, tape the bag over the inside of the window and let it sit in the sun for an hour or two. The tint and glue should come off pretty easily.

Understanding & Measuring Percentage of Factory Window Tin

Check out the pictures in my garage and gallery. The rear windows are all factory tint. The drivers and passenger doors are 35%, and the eyebrow across the top of the windshield is 20%. This will give you an idea what it will look like Joined Nov 27, 2014. ·. 26 Posts. #2 · Nov 28, 2014. 18% is stock I am pretty sure, but some tinting places do not sell that and sell 20%. That is what i used for my yukon and will use for my new canyon. It looks great and you can not tell a difference! 0 What Percent Are Factory R TINTED WINDOWS, window tint percentage examples, 20 percent window tint, window tint shades chart, what percent is factory window tint, 35 percent window tint, factory tint percentage ford, 30 percent window tint, window tinting, Car Window Tinting comes in a variety of shades or percentages. Use this car window tinting percentages visual guide to pick your shade

rstegman. Was told by my DS that the front side windows of Model S were tinted 70% VLT at the factory. Tesla does not sell a model s with tinted windows according to state trooper in NY. I was recently pulled over in NY and was told just that because my tints look factory and have no edge at all to them Factory window tint. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 9 of 9 Posts. V. vinuneuro · Registered. Joined Jul 16, 2014 · 399 Posts . Discussion Starter · #1 · Jul 9, 2017. The factory windows clearly have some tint.. Window Tint Percentage Types. In the vehicle realm, there is no one-size-fits-all film that is used on all cars. Instead, window tint varies by percentage, ranging from 0% to 90%, usually in increments. Here's what you need to know. Having no tint on your vehicle means one of two things: You're using factory windows; You're using a clear fil Factory window tint percentage. Jump to Latest Follow 21 - 27 of 27 Posts. Prev. 1; 2; First 2 of 2 Go to page. Go. Jermboy777 · Registered. Joined Jun 24, 2019 · 434 Posts . Discussion Starter · #21 · Aug 7, 2019. I feel like the rear windows are an appropriate tint, and I really don't think I wanna pay to tint all 5 windows when I can.

Factory window tint percentage Honda Passport Foru

1. The Lounge. Off-Topic. Factory Window Tint %. Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today! In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every.
  2. The factory tint of SUV's rear windows is usually 20% (definitely darker than 35%). However, if you tint your CR-V's front windows with 20% [thus matching the rear windows], that may very well be illegal in your state. Check the law before tinting. Good luck
  3. Tesla Model 3 Factory Tint. Are the Tesla Model 3 windows tinted? Although it hasn't been confirmed, people commonly mention that the Model 3 rear side windows are tinted 90% (only blocking 10%) from the factory. The roof is also said to be tinted to 22% according to a meter used by HIP2013 reddit user. Tesla Model 3 Tinted Windows

What's the factory tint percentage? JKOwners Foru

Has anyone confirmed factory tint levels? Hyundai

1. d window tint percentages in California. An aftermarket tint film on the front side windows should allow 88% of light to get in. If you have a factory-tinted window combined with aftermarket tint, it should have a
  2. Factory tint is simply tinted glass. Unlike aftermarket tint which is a film that is applied to the inside of the window, factory tint is a pigment inside of the glass. This tint cannot be removed or directly altered. The typical visual light transmission (VLT) of the glass is 15-26%. Factory tint can be found on the rear windows of most new.
  3. Factory window tint percentage? Anybody know what the tint percentage is on the factory rear tinted windows? Reply Like #2 07-22-2011, 04:53 PM 2horses. Elder User. Join Date: Feb 2009. Location: New Braunfels, Texas. Posts: 910 Likes: 0 Received 1 Like on 1.
  4. Factory Window Tint Percentage? Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 5 of 5 Posts. D. DPham · Registered. Joined Mar 21, 2013 · 26 Posts . Discussion Starter · #1 · Jul 4, 2013. Does anyone know what percentage the factory tints are?.
  5. imum 35% front tint, but no one with an MDX has been.
  6. This is the percent of visible light that gets through either the film (film VLT%) or window plus film net VLT%. The lower the VLT%, the darker the tint. Front-side window tint level: This is the amount of tint (VLT%) you're allowed on your driver and front passenger windows. This is frequently a higher value than for the rear, which allows.
  7. Factory window tint question. What is the factory window tint percentage on the rear doors? I want to get my front windows tinted to match the rears. Thanks. Appreciate 0 Tweet. Quote 06-03-2019, 11:23 PM #2: TurtleBoy. Brigadier General . 2483. Rep. 4,935. Posts. Drives: 2019 X5 40i. Join Date: Jan 2019.

Factory Tint Percentage Tacoma Worl

1. Factory Tint Percentage ('09-'13) Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 6 of 6 Posts. J. jenmc · Registered. 2011 Forester X Premium Auto Joined Jul 5, 2011 · 5 Posts . Discussion Starter · #1 · Jul 5.
  2. e. From the outside, it looks good. I can tell a slight difference inside, but I am OCD as well. Apr 30, 2013 at 2:19 PM #3
  3. Corvette with factory tinted windows. Types of Tint Light Tint (50%+) DIY Cost - $50-$100 Professional Cost - $100-$250 Skill Level - Intermediate; Requires a little skill and a lot of patience. A light tint of around 50% or so will give you a nice, slightly smoked appearance. It is also legal in most states

Window tint % DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forum

2021 AT4 Window Tint. Close. 3. Posted by 7 months ago. Archived. 2021 AT4 Window Tint. Looking to get my new truck front windows and windshield tinted. Wanted to go 20 factory on fronts and either 50 or 70 windshield. Got quoted 250$ that's solar FX. Trying to get me to get solar fx nano ceramic instead which is 450. Is this worth the money The Tesla Model Y comes with a factory tint on the rear passenger and back windows, as is the case with most compact and regular SUVs today. If your province or state allows you to legally tint the front driver and passenger windows, those in sunny locales may want to tint their front Model Y windows to match the back 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 - Factory window Tint - Looking to get my front truck windows tinted (2011 f150 super cab). I want them to match the factory tint in the back, does anyone know what percentage they are? i called my dealership and they said 13 or 20

Twenty Percent Tint - Also Known As Factory Tint. 20% Window Tint. Don't confuse this with factory windows, which are non-tinted glass. When certain windows have a built-in factory tint, it will typically allow 15-20% of the light through the glass. In order to apply this window tint, it is better to check the tinting law. 20% Tint: With 20% tint, you can see through the window up close from an outside view, but it's difficult. 5% Tint: Applying a 5% tint means you can't see through at all. This window tint percentage is illegal for many vehicles, but there are exceptions such as limousines 536 Posts. #20 · Feb 21, 2010. actually, factory tint is 28% meaning 28% light transmits through the window, if you get 20% on your fronts, they will be just a tad darker than the rears from the inside looking out, but match up real good from the outside looking in.. i usually tint the door windows for customers 20% to match them up for them So I had them tint the fronts to match..20%. It's illegal in my state for that percentage. I think you might be a little confused. If the rears are 20% and you add a 10% tint you are making it darker in which it's way above your states legal limit. 20% tint is darker than 30% tint. The lower the percentage the darker the tint is Yea, the glass is dyed rather than tint applied to it. It is roughly 20% +/- a few. In my experience 20% tint on the front windows matches pretty closely in certain light, but when sunlight comes in through the front untinted windshield it makes the front rollups look lighter than they are. Putting 15% on the roll ups and stock 20% rear makes.

What Percentage Is a Factory Tint? - Reference

Most newer Lexus IS models come with a factory tint of 95 percent or less. If you want more privacy or protection against the sun, consider window tints that are 90 percent or lower. Smaller tint numbers offer more protection, but some drivers note that it can interfere with electronic devices such as GPS or other navigation tools The factory light tint is very green and didn't look right on the black vehicle. Likely ticket in my area going too dark, so I stayed legal at 35% and kept my night vision (mostly) as well. And the 35% tint in super-bright sunshine so that even the factory tint is transparent, gives the best idea of how effective it is or isn't Window Tint Standards can be found in the Texas Administrative Code, Title 37, Part 1, Rule 21.3. NOTE: Windows immediately to the right and left of the driver that have less than 25% light transmission will fail inspection, regardless of the model year of the vehicle. Windshield. Sunscreening devices can be applied to the windshield if all of the conditions below are met In the simplest terms, the lower the percentage, the darker the window film will be. A 5% VLT film is very dark as it only lets though 5% of visible light and a 70% film is very light as it lets through 70%. There is, however, one little complication, and that is that windows as installed by the factory do not allow 100% of light to pass through

Factory window tint percent? Toyota Nation Foru

Proven Ways to Protect Your Car's Interior | Things ThatPercentage of Factory Tint on E320 - PeachParts Mercedes

Window Tint Percentage Laws In The US By Stat

1. Factory Window Tint. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 2 of 2 Posts. EMScompass4x4 · Registered. Joined May 24, 2011 · 78 Posts . Discussion Starter · #1 · Feb 27, 2012. FYI to everyone my 2011 Jeep Compass rear windows are 22% tints done by the factory..
  2. An Introduction to Car Tint for Windows. Keeping the interior of your car cool during hot summer months is a challenge. Whether you live in the Phoenix Valley, Las Vegas, or deal with added humidity in the Mid-Western and Eastern US, the constant bombardment of UV rays amplified via glass can create a sauna effect
  3. e if you are within the legal limits
  4. My dealership does not use a window tint subcontractor, so I am researching the shops in the area to find the best one to use. For my car, I really wish the 200S would have come with factory tint at least on the back 3 windows, metal flake black paint instead of the gloss black with no sparkle, and an option to keep the chrome door handles/side.

Factory Window Tint BimmerFest BMW Foru

I would like to know the factory tint on the small hatch (already dark tinted) window. I would like to 'add' less tint to this so it still can be used to actually see out of. * Hmmn, if I ADD 15% tint (85% light blocking) tint to the rear hatch, to the factory tint of 83.6% (16.4% light blocking) , would I have an effective 1.4% tint? Window tint is represented as a percentage of visible light transmission levels (VLT) that can pass through the window. A higher percentage indicates a greater amount of light coming through the windows, so a low tint percentage would appear much darker. This factory tint is done by dying the glass. There.. Model 3. Mar 7, 2021. #11. The Model 3 has a lot of glass, so inherently tint will appear lighter. To answer the dark enough question though, only you can answer dark enough. For me, I have 35% on the sides and rear, 70% on the windshield and sunroof. I'm happy with it. As I have aged my tint percentage is going up You can tint over factory tint, for sure. Factory tint is actually just dipped and dyed glass that has a dark pigment. Our factory tint on the rear windows and rear hatch is around 20%. I am not too sure what the Virgina laws are on window tint but I know in California, you are legally not allowed to go under 30% on the front driver/passenger. Visual light transmission (VLT) percentage determines the darkness of a window tint. VLT percentage is the amount of light that is allowed to pass through a window film. For example, a 30% window tint will allow 30% of the light to pass through the film while blocking 70%. So, lower the VLT percentage, the darker the tint

Difference Between Factory Auto Tinted Windows

Our top pick for the best window tint is the LEXEN 2 Ply Premium Carbon Window Tint Film. It's high quality and easy to cut and heat shrink. It produces a super clean look, and there is no hazing of any kind. A less costly alternative is the Protint Windows 5-Percent Shade Color Window Tint Film Roll You calculate the total percent of factory tint plus tint film by multiplying the percentages together. Factory tint is generally around 80% for the front door windows. Adding 35% tint film gives you the legal limit (in Florida) of 28%... 0.80 X 0.35 = 0.28. That's why they would have told you that 35% is the legal limit Professional Cost - $150-$300. A light window tint is considered to be anything from 50 percent or higher. This offers you privacy, good looks, and UV protection. It's recommended for someone that wants to benefit from only slight protection, and is perfect for most states with tint restrictions lower than 50 percent There are many benefits to darker window tint on cars, in addition to the look and the appearance. It's relatively easy to tint over factory tint, as long as you're working with a professional. To understand how tinting over factory tint works, you need to understand the differences between factory tint and aftermarket tint

Factory tint DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forum

1. Car Window Tinting Percentages Window Tinting Shades
  2. How dark is factory tint? Ford Expedition Foru
  3. Factory tint - Wikipedi
How to Choose a Window Tint Percentage: Your Complete Guide20% Tints on top of factory Tint on a 2017 GMC DENALI